Friday, July 04, 2008

America Can't Drive 55!

Or: "One More Reason Why I Am a Conservative First, Republican (Leaning Independent) Second" (H/T Instapundit)

I've been waiting (like a lot of folks, I know) for the first bonehead in Congress to raise the spectre of the double-nickle speed limit. Little did I expect it would come from a Republican. But then I'm a wide-open spaces Westerner, and often forget there is the Feeble-Minded East Coast Establishment GOP out there hanging on and dragging the rest of the party down? Hey Senator Warner! What Would Reagan Do?

Golly, I hate small-minded people whose first instinct is to 'contract', 'withdrawal', 'scale back', 'settle for less', etc. I hate them when they are in positions of power even more.

Prof. Reynolds also linked to an article he wrote at TCS back in 2005.

No comments: